It’s less than 2 weeks to go! Are you ready and excited?
The Everly Putrajaya and TriFactor Asian Championship Series will be running the much-awaited TriFactor International Triathlon on 13th and 14th July 2019. These 2 days are expected to be adrenaline-filled with races that will set the standard for multi-sport competitions in the country.
Set to take place in a beautiful water sports complex, participants will have a great time exploring challenges at Kompleks Sukan Air (KOSA). KOSA has successfully brought water sports as one of the main attractions available in Putrajaya. TriFactor attendees will get to enjoy one of this country’s pride venues within the 2-day event!
An amazing race course, a world class venue & passionate fellow athletes are offering you an unforgettable race experience. Whether you are a newbie or a pro athlete – this will be a memorable event of your life. Registration has been closed but if you missed it and still want to witness the challenges, come and join us!
13-14 July 2019, 7:30am
RM20.00 – RM390.00 (Registration has been closed)
Kompleks Sukan Air, Presint 6 & Tasik Putrajaya
Race Day : 13th – 14th July 2019, Saturday and Sunday
Kompleks Sukan Air, Presint 6 & Tasik Putrajaya
Day 1 : Pool-Swim Event Only
Day 2 : Lake-Swim Event Only
Race Kit Collection – to be confirmed, please visit TriFactorMY FB page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 016-359 8890
Venue: Group Check-In Lounge @ The Everly Putrajaya No.1, Jalan Alamanda 2, Precinct 1, 62000 Putrajaya,
Race Briefing – to be confirmed by TriFactor MY
Venue: Jumpa D’Gym Yoga Studio, Level 1B, The Everly Putrajaya.
* All Participants are strongly advised to attend the race briefing
MIGHTY STARS TRIATHLON & FUN RUN *
The Mighty Stars | Triathlon & Fun Run is an introductory race for SPECIAL NEEDS participants who want to experience a well-organised and safe multisport event. It is a non-competitive race as no ranking or timing chip will be issued for this fun special category. Each participant will receive a Finishing Medal and an Event T-shirt. Participants are allowed to be assisted by adults during the swim, bike or run and may use any flotation or swimming aid and any format of modified bicycle or manually propelled wheelchair.
PERKS & PRIZES
Participants will be given:
- Timing Chip
- Bib Number
- Helmet Sticker and Bike Tag
- Swim Cap
- Event Tee
- Finisher Medal
- Bag + Freebies
- Number Tatoos
Top 3 winners from each category:
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd trophy
- Gift item/s from sponsors
Team Challenge Trophy :
- Team with highest point collected from Individual participants
Malaysian National Selection Race for SEA Games
The Everly Putrajaya TRIFACTOR International Triathlon 2019 has been selected to host the Malaysian National Selections Race for the upcoming 30th SEA GAMES in the Philippines. This is sanctioned by Malaysia Triathlon (Persatuan Triathlon Malaysia Baru). Selected athletes have received special invitation to participate. A list has been published by Malaysia Triathlon on 7th June here. Let’s make Malaysia proud!
Team LILA will be at the venue to welcome participants, friends, families and our many existing triathlon customers. Visit our booth and find out more about our world-leading EXOGEN wearable resistance technology which is quickly taking the endurance world by storm. Come to the LILA booth early and get your race day strategy tips prepared by Coach Todd Gilmore, IRONMAN® Certified Triathlon Coach.
Get to meet our in-house coach, Rick Currin, to know more about how you can improve the way you move© and smash your next race PB. Coach Rick, who hails from beautiful and triathlon mad South Africa, grew up as an athlete and is a multiple marathon finisher with a double diploma in Sports Management and Fitness/Sports Science. Rick brings a rare combination of elite athlete & coaching experience with a passion to help people achieve their sports goals.
Now, let’s get ready! Aside from your extensive training and workouts, don’t forget to be prepared about the rules and regulations to ensure a safe and smooth activity. Below are important notes from the TRIFactor team to get ready for the big event.
You can also download a copy of the TriFactor info pack here
- Number Tattoos must be placed clearly on the left arm
- Timing Chip must be strapped to the left ankle
- Bib no. to be worn in front of chest during Bike & Run course
- Helmet Sticker to be placed on the front of helmet
- Bike Sticker to be placed around the seat post of the bicycle
- The Transition Area will be opened at least 1 hour before the commencement of the race and participants shall place their essential race items at the designated location marked by their race numbers in the Transition Area.
- The Transition area is meant only for participants and any unauthorized person will be asked to leave the area except for one parent/guardian to the participant of the Mighty Stars Category & the TriDiscoveryKids Categories 7 – 9 years old are allowed during the setup before the race.
- The Transition area will be closed during the race and no other person/persons/parent/guardian will be allowed in until the race is over except for participants only.
- The essential race items are to be arranged according to the allocated race numbers.
- A grace period of 10 minutes after the commencement of the race will be given for latecomers. Anyone who reports later than this grace period will not be allowed to participate in the race.
- Latecomers should be aware that their timings would have commenced when the race begins.
- Bikes must not be ridden in transition at any time
- All participants shall be ready and assembled at the Swim Start Holding Area 15 minutes prior to the Swim.
- All participants must wear the Swim Cap & timing chip provided by the Organiser.
- Swim goggles may be worn. • All swimmers must have their bib numbers marked on their arms.
- Fins, paddles, pool buoys, snorkels or any other swimming aids are not allowed.
- The Swim Safety buoy is compulsory for those swimming in the lake.
- Wet suits are not allowed.
- Support crews are not allowed. Any assistance, other than medical aid received during the swim will result in immediate disqualification.
- No persons other than the participants and officials are permitted in the swimming area.
- Participants in difficulty shall signal by raising an arm to the escorting kayaks for assistance. • Once assistance is rendered, the participant must retire from the competition.
- Participants must ensure that their Bib Numbers are clearly visible on their adorned apparel at all times.
- No bare torso is allowed at all times.
- Participants are to ride in single file on the left side of the road except when passing another participant and are reminded to observe traffic rules at all times.
- All participants will be required to perform their own repairs if their bicycles should break down.
- Support vehicles and crews are not permitted.
- All participants must wear helmets from the time they remove their bicycle from the rack.
- The helmet must stay on the participant’s head until he/she has placed his/her bicycle at the allocated spot on the bicycle rack.
- It is the participants’ responsibility to ensure that their bicycles and bicycle brakes are in good working condition.
- Wearing of headphones is not allowed at all times. Communication or entertainment devices of any type are strictly prohibited during competition.
- Drafting is strongly discouraged for safety reasons. You are considered drafting when you are within 5 metres of another participant’s rear wheel or riding next to someone within 2 metres. You are allowed 15 seconds in someone’s draft zone to make a pass. Once you are passed, you must immediately drop back, out of the draft zone, before you may overtake the person who passed you.
- Aero bars are allowed.
- Runners must wear their race numbers/bibs at the front of their adorned apparel at all times during the run.
- Support vehicles or pacers are not allowed.
- Runners must run on the designated path for the entire route. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
- Runners are responsible for their own knowledge of how many laps/km they should be doing.
- Please take note that all Technical Officials / Marshalls / Volunteers are there to see to the safety and welfare of participants and to ensure that there will be no interruptions of unauthorised vehicles / spectators entering the race site during the run course event commences.
- They are there to see that the race is conducted in a safe, fair and proper manner with no prejudice or violation of any sort pertaining to the run and welfare of all participants.
- No running with bare torso.
- Wearing of headphones is not allowed at all times.
Reminder: Your Safety is A Priority
To ensure the safety of all swimmers, participants who will start at the lake are required to use a safety swim buoy at all times. You may purchase one during race kit collection day at only RM20 if you do not own one yet. A safety drill and the proper usage of the swim safety buoy will be conducted during race briefing.
For more details about the Everly Putrajaya and TriFactor International Triathlon, you can visit the Race MY event site.
#TRISTRONG #FINISHSTRONG #IAMSTRONG #SWIMSTRONG #RUNSTRONG #BIKESTRONG #RACELIKENOOTHER
The Everly Putrajaya Hotel is located in the heart of Putrajaya, near government buildings and adjacent to a connecting Alamanda shopping mall. Rooms are overlooking the impresive architecture of Putrajaya or lake. Disabled-friendly rooms are available upon request. The Everly Putrajaya has the widest and one of the most advanced array of meeting rooms in Putrajaya, with superb flexibility for any social or business.
If you are keen to book a room for this event, visit the Everly Putrajaya Hotel website for more details, room rates and booking info.
Tel : +603 – 8892 2929
Email : email@example.com
Address : No.1, Jalan Alamanda 2, Precinct 1, 62000 Putrajaya, Malaysia