Light Variable Resistance Training© (LVRT) is our proprietary and signature training system. It is a way of training with significantly less load than traditional resistance training (TRT).
LVRT© is a training methodology that conforms to the laws of training and emphasises 100% user-defined resistance training.
The main principles of LVRT© include:
- Applied loads are generally measured and progressed in grams and kilograms
- Total loading does not exceed 10% of body weight
- Movement speeds are maintained within 10% of competition (or race) speeds
- There is minimal disruption to the athlete’s skill based range of motion
- There is less emphasis on traditional sets and reps
- There is greater focus on extended resistance training periods mimicking real competitive metabolic and functional demands
- Hands and feet remain free. The body remains untethered to any anchor points
- The body-mind connection is maintained with minimal disruption to focus.
Light Variable Resistance Training© does not replace other forms of resistance training. It enhances them by applying resistance to human movement in the most effective and efficient way possible.
Light Variable Resistance Training© in Practice
In the videos below we give you a couple of examples as how LVRT© can be used in practice.