What is LVRT™?
LVRT™ or Light Variable Resistance Training™ is LILA’s trademark training system for which EXOGEN® was designed. LVRT™ is a training methodology that conforms to the laws of training and emphasizes 100% user-defined resistance training with significantly less load than traditional weight training.
The main principles of LVRT™ include:
- Applied loads are generally measured and progressed in grams and not kilograms
- Total loading generally does not exceed ~ 10% of body weight
- Movement speeds are maintained within ~10% of competition speed
- There must be minimal disruption to the athlete’s skill-based ROM
- There is less emphasis on traditional sets and reps and greater focus on extended resistance training periods mimicking real competition metabolic demands
- Hands and feet should remain free with the body untethered to any anchor points
- Must maintain body-mind connection with minimal disruption to focus
LVRT™ does not replace other forms of resistance training but seeks to enhance them by providing the most effective and efficient method to apply meaningful resistance to human movement.